System Requirements for HC9
Minimum system requirements for HC9 are listed on this page. However we recommend you to get better server exceeding these minimum requirements.
In case of any confusion you should consult HC support team and get their expert advice.
- Any edition of Windows Server 2003 or 2008 either x86 or x64.
- Hosting Controller uses SQL Server to host its database.
You may use any edition of SQL Server 2005 or 2008.
SQL Server Express edition is free and can be downloaded
from Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/express/sql/download/
- IIS6 or IIS7 must be installed on web servers
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or above
- HC9 Windows License
- Any GNU/Linux OS like CentOS, Debian, CloudLinux or
- Apache must be installed on Web Servers
- HC9 Linux License
- Any typical Pentium 4 or higher server with minimum 1GB RAM and 40GB shared hard drive
should be reasonable to start with.
- Local or Remote Desktop access with administrative rights to install the software and manage the server.
- Must have at least one dedicated IP address assigned to server
- x86, x86_64, IA64, ARM, and other CPU architectures.
- For servers with DNS roles, a supported DNS Server should be installed from the list of HC supported software for DNS. [Check the List]
- For servers with Mail roles, a supported Mail Server should be installed from the list of HC supported software for Mail. [Check the List]
- HC supports a distributed environment. Service providers can use their Web, Mail, DNS and Database servers on separate servers including Linux systems.
However you may choose to run all services from single server as well.
- Your server must be connected to the internet so it can communicate with HC activation server